Monday, December 13, 2010

Mid-night Release of Cataclysm

I had been waiting for this day since My ex-nerd boyfriend had mentioned an expansion was coming out.  I had never experienced an expansion release as a WOW player, so I did not know what to expect. The part I was looking foward to most were the new race choices, goblin (horde) and worgen(alliance). My original plan was to go out to a midnight release and interviewplayers who were waiting in line to buy Cataclysm at midnight, rush home, install and play. Then I saw you could buy a digital upgrade, and play the minute the servers went live....um yes please! I was logged on minuted before midnight, the chat alive and buzzing with excited players all waiting to buy flying to make it to Mt. Hyjai, the new leveling zone to take your formally totally leveled 80 character to the new top of 85! 11:59
MIDNIGHT!....12:01
Prompted to log off and on again to receive CAtaclysm data, The servers were on overload. I couldn't log on for half an hour....I had brief moments of nerd rage. Finally, I log on, but my flying, and head to Mt Hyjai. Upon arrival, I am swarmed by Horde and Alliance alike. The area is more crowded that Dalaran on  a busy day. I can't tell what is what from who is who...after completing one quest, and being killed twice, as well as experience sever in-game lag, I log off at 1:15. Anti-cliamtic is the word I will describe as the release of Cata.
HOWEVER
I did log on the next day, created my goblin ( Toatsmagoats) and started levelling. This process renewed my faith in WOW. The new are of Kezan is amazing. THe quest, fun and short. Leveling is a much easier process than what I went through with Xandrina ( my first character, lvl 65) and Giles (my pride and joy lvl 80). I was highly impressed with the graphics, the quest originality, and the perks they made for leveling in Cata. I am actually finding questing being a fun process rather than a tedious race to 85. However, me and Toatsmagoats are still in the honeymoon phase, I be reporting back when Im mmid-way at lvl 43.

No comments:

Post a Comment